My E-Journal... To share my experiences, thoughts etc..


Saturday, July 25, 2015

Applying for New EAD with L2 Visa...

Here I want to share the procedure that I have followed for applying EAD. I applied it through e-filing system, as you can pay the filing fee of $380, online.

1. Online application is available in the below link,
http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-765.pdf
2. Read it carefully and fill the form. Take care to fill the Question 16, which requires the category that you need to submit for applying the EAD.
3. Make an online payment of $380 and a confirmation receipt would be generated.
4. Later, Please follow the steps mentioned in http://www.uscis.gov/e-filing-i-765.

Below are my dates when status changed for your reference
Apr 12th 2015 - Applied for EAD online
Apr 13th 2015 - Received I-797C Notice of Action and my biometrics appointment the same week.
Apr 27th 2015 - USCIS received all my documents for support and status changed to "correspondence was received and uscis is reviewing it".
May 6th 2015 - Completed my biometrics
July 6th and 14th, 2015 - Raised couple of Service Requests online due to delay in EAD
July 17th 2015 - New Card/Document Production
July 22nd 2015 - Status changed to "card was mailed to me"
July 25th 2015 - status changed to "Card was delivered to me by the post office" with USPS tracking number.
I received the card in my mailbox on the very same day.

As you can see it took me more than 90 days (nearly 103 days), which was frustrating. But all is well at end and I am relieved right now. :) :) :)...
Now the next phase of my Job hunt starts....

P.S : Please don't stress yourself in this three months. Enjoy this short duration of vacation that you may not get once you start to work.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Do you have any idea of what this status means - "correspondence was received and uscis is reviewing it"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Subhashini,

      Sorry for the delayed reply. I had the same status which was showing in my usics page for some time... It means what it says :). You have to wait until the status changes to "card was mailed". All the best!!!

      Delete
    2. Hello Subhashini,

      Sorry for the delayed reply. I had the same status which was showing in my usics page for some time... It means what it says :). You have to wait until the status changes to "card was mailed". All the best!!!

      Delete